Overdraft Privilege Service Agreement
What you need to know about ATM/Visa Check Card (Debit Card) Overdraft Services
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to your TFCU savings account to cover any transactions that would otherwise overdraw your account. TFCU also offers overdraft protection from a line-of-credit (subject to credit approval). These services may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices.
Our Standard Overdraft Practices
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
Once your account has been opened a minimum of 60 days and is in good standing, we may authorize and pay overdrafts, up to your approved Courtesy Pay limit, on the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account, such as ACH payments
- Automatic bill payments
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions (TFCU VISA Check Card transactions)
As required by federal regulation, after August 14, 2010, we will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to.
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions(TFCU VISA Check Card transactions)
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if TFCU pays my overdraft?
Under TFCU standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee up to $29.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want TFCU to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions (Opt-In)?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, complete the form on the right.
Convenient ways to keep your overdraft privilege active.
Secure Opt In Online Form
Mail form to:
El Paso, TX 79936
ATTN: Reg E